Thursday, December 30, 2004

Life after Politics

National political losers find new life. FROST, CUOMO, DUKAKIS, CARTER, INGLIS.
Democrats at a Crossroads Over Abortion, Activists Won't Compromise. PLEASE TELL THE REPUBLICANS HOW DEMOCRATS TRULY STAND ON THE ISSUE.
Wesley Clark has got brains and experience. A nice article by former South Dakota Senator George McGovern. I met him on October 5, 2004.
I have endorsed Gen. Wesley Clark, partly because he has the necessary intelligence, character, temperament and experience. One flaw: as a young military officer, he voted for Nixon and Reagan. I'm more interested in where he stands today than during the indiscretion of youth.

After all, I grew up as a Republican, and my parents carried that label throughout their lives. Today, Gen. Clark stands in the tradition of Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, Clinton - and McGovern.

No comments: