Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Dyche attacks Miller's Sideburns

Let me first state that, over the years, I've had some long sideburns and they usually stay long...although my winter beard takes its place this time of year. But let me just state, for the record, that I have no problems with the long sideburns.

Here's what the campaign sent out in response:
Dear Friends: Today, we have seen negative attack campaigning taken to a new level. We've seen politicians attack each others' records. We've even seen politicians attack each other personally. But, in the lowest blow in political history, conservative columnist John David Dyche, in today's Louisville Courier-Journal, attacked me where it hurts the most...my sideburns.

Dyche writes, "Treasurer Jonathan Miller sports perhaps the longest sideburns on a gubernatorial candidate since the Seventies – the 1870s."

My campaign is about bringing real change to Kentucky. That sometimes means new ideas based on the technological innovations of the 21st century. But it also sometimes means returning to the enduring values that have made America great. My 1870s fashion role models may not have been the greatest Presidents, but they had great sideburns: Rutherford B. Hayes, Chester Alan Arthur, and the late great, Samuel Tilden. What Dyche doesn't know is that my greatest sideburns role model was still with us in the 1970s. Not only was Elvis The King of rock 'n roll, but he sported the best sideburns ever.

No comments: