Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Update on Steve Gold

I recieved word late last night that Steve Gold will not be running for State Treasurer. He would have been a good candidate had he decided to run. The full press release is below:
STEVE GOLD NOT RUNNING FOR STATE TREASURER
Henderson, KY (January 17, 2007) - Henderson attorney Steven R. Gold announced that he would not be seeking the office of State Treasurer this November.

“While I have been humbled by the encouragement of so many friends around the state and overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from Henderson County, I have decided not to run for State Treasurer,” said Gold.

Gold praised current State Treasurer Jonathan Miller for raising the profile of the office and for highlighting the opportunities for a State Treasurer to implement innovative programs within the office.

“I’m proud to live and work in Henderson and to raise my family here. My current service to Henderson County through my private law practice, prosecuting crimes, and my community involvement is greatly satisfying. At this stage in my life, uprooting my family and moving to Frankfort just doesn’t make sense,” stated Gold.

Gold, who served as Chairman of the Kentucky Democratic Party in 2003-2004, practices law in Henderson at Gold & Gold Law Office and is an Assistant Henderson County Attorney.

“In the final analysis, it boiled down to a basic rule of politics – ‘Don’t get in a race you don’t want to win,’” added Gold.
With Gold out of the race, I would like to see a strong candidate take on Jack Wood in the primary.

No comments: