Sunday, May 20, 2007

Get your blog on

Since I will not be in Jefferson County this upcoming Tuesday, I voted over the weekend. I voted for everyone I endorsed originally except for in the Governor's race where I voted for the Beshear-Mongiardo ticket rather than the Miller-Maze ticket. But what can you do? The polls were what they were and that's that.

I will not be live-blogging the results on Tuesday evening due to the Jewish holiday of Shavuot, which we celebrate the recieving of the Ten Commandments at Mt. Sinai. Instead, you will have to wait until Thursday night.

My class was in production week during the past week so blogging was very light, if any. So this blog will be lengthy.

Hamas has hijacked Mickey Mouse. Saddening.

Bruce, there is no calling for you to be governor. The only calling that will be done is when you are defeated this Tuesday. No one wants Lundergan as chairman anymore.

Last Wednesday-Thursday night was Yom Yerushalayim, the celebration of the the capture of the Old City in Jerusalem and the restoration of control at the Temple Mount in 1967. The day after was the Yahrtzeit of Shmuel (Samuel) the Prophet (930-878 BCE).

Oh, crap. We really do not need to go through that all over again.

The following is from an email sent by Dr. Dick Robinson:
As each day passes I continue to be humbled by the support our campaign is receiving. This support began with my good friends and former Kentucky and Louisville Coaches Joe B. Hall and Denny Crum agreeing to serve as my honorary campaign co-chairmen. I would also like to take this opportunity to let you know I am very excited to have gained the support and endorsements of the men and women of the Kentucky AFL-CIO, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, and Teamsters!

Along with the fine support of labor I am honored to have been endorsed along the campaign trail by former Governors John Y. Brown Jr., Julian Carroll, and Brereton Jones as well as former Democratic Party Chairmen Tracy Farmer and Terry McBrayer. I hope you will join these fine organizations and individuals in supporting my campaign when you vote Tuesday!

My approach to this campaign is my life’s motto … there are no shortcuts in life! I have dedicated myself to doing what it takes to winning this campaign to restore Democratic values and ideas to State Government. Thank you for your time and consideration, I would appreciate your vote next Tuesday, May 22nd.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dick Robinson
UK news will be blogged tomorrow.

No comments: