Tuesday, May 25, 2010

An Open Letter to Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson

Secretary Grayson,
I call on you to denounce Rand Paul. Racist/Anti-American/Neo-Nazi organizations are openly raising money for his senate campaign. If you truly stand for Kentucky values--and I believe you do because a number of moderate Democrats voted for you in 2007 instead of your Democratic opponent. By saying you'll help Rand in his bid for the United States Senate, you openly endorse his views, which I am sure that you don't agree with a majority of them.

You have a bright future. I still believe so despite this setback (I would have still voted for Jack in the fall regardless). I trust that you will do the right thing if you expect bipartisan support in the future.

Rand Paul does not represent Kentucky values. Nowhere close to it.

Please, Trey, do the right thing here.

If you recall: In 2007, the Kentucku Democratic Party shunned the nominee running against Richie Farmer because his views did not reflect that of the state party. the Republican Party of Kentucky should do the same thing.

I've only voted for two Republicans in my entire life (you and Farmer) and both were in 2007. Most Democrats, I would say, in the commonwealth voted as such.

I ask the same of Mitch McConnell.

No comments: