Thursday, March 01, 2007

Yarmuth on Colbert

I doubt that I will catch it live, and due to sports programming, I doubt I will catch the reruns but I will try. Here's the press release from Congressman Yarmuth's office.
Congressman John Yarmuth (KY-3) will appear on Comedy Central's Colbert Report in the 435 part segment Better Know A District, March 8. His hour and a half interview was shot on February 9th and will be edited down to the most embarrassing and hilarious three minute segment.

The Colbert team is known for impeccable research. Although they found no skeletons in Congressman Yarmuth's closet, they did arrive with several relevant props, doctored photos, and, of course, bourbon.

Recently, most Representatives have kept their guard up in interviews with Colbert, but Congressman Yarmuth played along throughout. The interview had to be stopped a number of times as Colbert and his crew failed to contain their laughter.

Off camera, the two exchanged Derby stories, including Colbert's visit in the mid-80's during which he says he slept on the infield, sheltered by the first turn fence. Congressman Yarmuth promised that if he came back this year, he would help him find better accommodations.

"We had a lot of fun," Congressman Yarmuth said. "I know he'll make me look silly, but when you spend a lot of time in Washington, you run the risk of taking yourself too seriously. I hope some Louisvillians will be able to join me for a laugh-- even if it is at my expense.

The show airs at 11:30 PM on Comedy Central and will re-air the following day at 2:30 and 8:30 PM.

No comments: