Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Thanksgiving Message - 2007 Edition

May you have a safe, healthy, and happy Thanksgiving.

On this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for my family and friends.

I am thankful for promising Democratic leaders in Jonathan Miller, Steve Beshear, Daniel Mongiardo, Ben Chandler, Crit Luallen, Jack Conway, Steve Gold, John Yarmuth, Howard Dean, etc.

I am thankful for a party that works for the working class.

I am thankful for my great-grandparents getting out of Europe and Russia before the war started.

I am thankful for my public school education, although the state has a lot of work to do.

I am thankful to those of you who have forgiven me for doing that which will not be mentioned.

I am thankful for our troops serving us overseas even if I disagree with why we went over there in the first except for Afghanistan which was justified.

I am thankful to be living in a free country which allows the freedom of religion.

I am thankful for the Jewish comedians of the vaudeville and Borscht Belt eras for paving the way for comedians like Jerry Seinfeld and Jon Stewart.

I am thankful for President Bush for providing so much comedic material even though I only have just over a year to perfect my act.

I am thankful for the members of the Writers Guild of America fighting for the residuals for current and future members.

I am thankful that shows like Heroes, The Daily Show, Late Night with Conan, The Tonight Show, The Late Show, Saturday Night Live, The Office, and The Colbert Report were approved by the networks so that I have television to enjoy.

I am thankful for the writing room of Caesar's Hour, considered to be the smartest and funniest room since Thomas Jefferson dined alone at the White House.

No comments: