Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rogen and Apatow...

Seth Rogen honors committment to the joke and talks about why he lost weight.
Q: Since you're a writer, are you more careful about the scripts you choose?
A: Definitely. It's not a coincidence that I do very few movies that I myself am not a producer or writer on. ... It comes down to, you get sent a lot of scripts, they're not that good and you think, why would I do this bad movie when I can just write a better one?

Q: You've lost weight. Was it for this film?
A: For "Green Hornet" (which he and Goldberg wrote, and Rogen is starring in). That was literally the only reason. ... I'm doing a movie where you've got to believe the guy can run around and beat the (expletive) out of a bunch of guys. I didn't quite look like that before. ... For this movie, it takes me looking a certain way because I know we don't want the joke to be a fat superhero who is inept, physically incapable of doing (stuff). That's just not the joke for the movie. That might be a movie, but that is not the movie that we want to make.

Q: You've worked with Judd Apatow since "Freaks and Geeks." Nice to see that, with the extended chase scene at the end of "Observe and Report," you are continuing his goal of having as much male nudity as possible.
A: Me and Jody just blew his (butt) out of the water. That (chase scene) is literally my favorite thing ever, in any movie. The end of "Observe and Report" is, to me, from now on, ending-wise, I'm just chasing the dragon. I've had my first hit of crack and I'm just forever going after it again. I do have to accept (that) that's the best ending of any movie I will ever have anything to do with. From now on I'm just going after that.
Adam Sandler is one of Hollywood's most valuable comedians.
On paper, Adam Sandler's much anticipated Funny People looks like another treacly, cliché-ridden Hollywood bomb. In the Judd Apatow-helmed project, Sandler plays a wealthy, lonely comedian who survives a cancer diagnosis, discovers life's meaning and finds true love with a beautiful ex-girlfriend.

Movie journalists may find the flick charming or nauseating. Yet whatever the critical consensus is, it won't likely matter to Sandler's future prospects. The 42- year-old funnyman ranks as the top comedian in Forbes' Star Currency survey.
There's a saying that chicks dig comedians. Seth Rogen has more.
Seth Rogen says having a sense of humour doesn't necessarily attract girls.

The comedian - who is currently getting in shape for his role as a masked crime-fighter in upcoming film The Green Hornet - believes women favour looks over a sense of humour, telling the Daily Telegraph: "If a girl had a choice between Brad Pitt or me, she'd pick Brad Pitt - and I'm a lot funnier than he is!

"It's definitely not true what women say about just wanting a man with a sense of humour - what women mean is they want a guy with a sense of humour who is really handsome."
Elizabeth Banks and Leslie Mann are teaming up in What was I thinking?
The film will revolve around a woman who gets dumped during her engagement party. Her friends spring into action and whisk her away on a ski trip for healing and hedonism. Threading through their adventures on the trip are four flashbacks dealing in "worst ex-boyfriend" tales.

"It's a story of how women help each other," said Obst. "And we do that by telling stories." Obst also described the project as "a girls' Apatow movie," referring to filmmaker Judd Apatow's signature male-centric comedy style.
Here's a young Seth Rogen doing stand-up in 1996:

No comments: