Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Less than 24 hours!

Vader is not the only one on the dark side. Those include the main humans in the original trilogy. My favorite:
Obi-Wan represented all that is good, but Sir Alec Guiness the actor who played the nice Jedi man, said it was his idea to kill off Kenobi. Guiness, who died in 2000, hated Star Wars and everything about it. Reports say he threw away every piece of fan mail, unopened, he ever received. Okay we get it, you're a talented British actor, used to Shakespeare. But some people would really dig having their likeness on a lunch box.
He is a talented actor but from reports I've read, some fans really did go overboard. I'm a Star Wars fan but I don't write down saying my religion is Jedi!

Ernie Fletcher is going to be one and done. What we need is a Democrat to announcce in the next month that they are running. We have the smoking gun that we need to take back the state. Link. I may not be Greg Stumbo's biggest fan but momentum is on our side. The Force is with us.
E-mail messages sent by John Stanton, a regional representative for Gov. Ernie Fletcher, to higher-ups in the administration are among many being examined in an investigation by the office of Attorney General Greg Stumbo, a Democrat.

Stanton works for Local Initiatives for a New Kentucky, or LINK.

The messages are a sequence of e-mails sent last summer discussing the promotion of Highway District 9 employee Rick Rogers. The e-mails bounce between Stanton, Vincent Fields, former LINK executive director, and Dick Murgatroyd, deputy chief of staff for Fletcher and another Northern Kentuckian involved in the probe.

At the time of the e-mails, Murgatroyd was deputy secretary in the Transportation Cabinet, where much of the abuse is alleged to have occurred.

Highway District 9 is included in the area Stanton represents with LINK.
Political patronage is illegal. What's up with Sen. Bunning? He doesn't read or watch the news. He knew nothing of the Newsweek scandal.

A Daily Show blogger has been exposed. I can't say I'm not surprised. I know Bob Wiltfong maintains a blog. I thought Jon Stewart would have one. The blog can be found here and there are many graphics of women in bikinis in the event that your workplace won't allow you to look at them. Or your wife. Or girlfriend. Hey! I don't want you getting fired, do I? If you're on dial up, like I am, it might take an hour to load. The blogger is 29 and lives in New York City. He is a writer on the staff. I don't think it's Eric Drysdale. One way to find out. IMDB. He is Jewish. Gee, that narrows it down now? I'll check out who it is later because I'm off to watch Star Wars - Episode 2: Attack of the Clones. Did I fool you or what? No way would I be waiting in line at this time of day!

Mark Grudzielanek joined Jim Edmonds and Reggie Sanders with 1,500 hits. Mazel tov!

As long as he is not stiff, things will be fine.
Moreau, Bayh’s former chief of staff, who has known Bayh since his father, former Sen. Birch Bayh (D-Ind.), ran for president in 1976, hotly disputes that his friend is boring.

"Those of us who know him, and that means millions and millions of Hoosiers, would never call him bland," Moreau said.

But Richard Gordon, a member of Bayh’s kitchen cabinet who also first met the lawmaker during his father’s White House campaign, said he can understand why observers see Bayh has unexciting.

"That’s all very fair," he said, "He’s a very studious type of person, he’s very intellectual, a very smart guy. Sometimes I feel in that being very thoughtful it is not the type of thing where you’re going to jump out of your seat yelling and screaming."

But, Gordon said, Bayh can connect with audiences: "What I’ve noticed about Bayh is that people are listening to him attentively. You can hear a pin drop. They’re with him. They don’t want a showman. They don’t want someone to put on a play for them. They want someone to touch them."
Headline I want to see: Bunning, Fletcher resign amid scandals.

Whoever the 2007 Democratic candidate for Governor is, they need to announce soon while we have the momentum.

My time is up. I'm going to get back to writing a book that will never be published. Comedy and humor on the blog is back.

No comments: