Sunday, May 15, 2005

Ohio Valley Sunday

Will Ferrell made his first return to SNL as a host last night and it was hilarious! I had a strong feeling that he would play Alex Trebeck and I was right! Is it just me or was he playing cowbell too during the band's first song?

Jim Edmonds needs 2 home runs to have 100 HR's at Busch Stadium. He needs 4 runs for 1,000 all-time. Mark Grudzielanek is 3 hits away from 1,500. Albert Pujols moves into a tie with Ted Simmons with three more Busch Stadium HR's.

The citizens of Iowa are being bombarded with campaign ads for 2006. Sorry, that's 2008 instead. But why so early? We just ended a campaign season. I'm enjoying an off-year of not campaigning. Yet John Kerry and the DSCC keep calling me for money that I know for a fact I don't have.
Lisbon City Council member Guy Geinzer said he and other participants were first asked whether they were more likely to back a more well-known candidate or were willing to look at lesser-known contenders.

After being shown campaign commercials for John Kerry and John Edwards -- last year's Democratic presidential ticket -- the group was shown two spots for Bayh, D-Ind.

Bayh's office declined to comment on the focus group. Bayh has not said how seriously he's looking at a 2008 bid, but he has been taking other steps -- including fundraising and speaking to Democratic groups -- consistent with an exploratory campaign.

If Bayh does run, he can't count on Geinzer's support in Iowa, the site of the first presidential caucuses.

"I'm not inspired by him," Geinzer said. "He seems too much like a professional politician. He's too polished. He's too correct."
Wait a minute, you're a politician and you are making an accusation that another politician is a professional? Something about that is not right. Oh yea, it's that politics is a profession someone chooses to enter and gets elected most of the time. If you're not a professional politician, then what are you? An amateur politician? That does not make sense at all. That was an unfair attack to make to a Senator whose own father ran for President! (Read this in the Lewis Black voice to get the best feel of it)

I'll be at Slugger Field later today but I might blog later tonight if I have time since I am getting back in the habit of writing sketch comedy daily. At this point, I plan to move to Chicago to study improvisation at The Second City while doing film school simultaneously, all while running into debt. At least I'll make some money off of the blog as I plan to ease into the sitcom/film marketplace. I just through out all my law school brochures. I should have done that it December.

No comments: