Thursday, October 19, 2006

What are you doing?

I often get accused of spending too much time on my computer but that's farthest from the truth. True, my laptop sits right next to my television set but that's all due to the setup of my dorm room.

Another thing I often get asked is: when will you volunteer for the campaigns?

Frankly, I don't have an easy answer for that. The way my schedule is this semester, I don't know when I will have time. It doesn't help that my weekend availability for the rest of the campaign season is pending. I work in athletics. It's the playoffs starting this weekend and my availability for the rest of the campaign season is all pending how the teams do during the tournament. I may be free to campaign next weekend, and then again, I might not.

Another thing I am often accused of is posting one-line comments over at Bluegrass Report. I'm a college student. I have to study. I have to balance my time between class, homework and have time to study. I appreciate Mark's site but if I were to put all my time and effort into commenting there, this site would be dead and I'd have very little time to do other things. On average, I probably spend up to 45 minutes a day blogging here, but that all varies. If I'm liveblogging a game, like I did last night at Redbirds Fun, that's three hours.

Finally, I want to talk about political contributions. Unlike the fall of 2004, my budget this year has just not allowed me to financially contribute much, if any, to the campaigns. That, and I have to pay off my tuition by the end of this month, or it will delay my class registration for next semester. If I had my way, I would have maxed out to all the political campaigns that I could. I'm not rich. I don't make a lot of money off this blog as people tend to think (I'm at least another ad or two away from being able to get paid for the blog ads on this blog).

I think I've said my peace. Time to study for this CLEP test tomorrow in American History II.

No comments: