Thursday, June 26, 2008

Millar talks Superman

Mark Millar talks Superman with The Daily Record.
While he is an executive producer on Wanted, he is a full producer on his next movie Kick-Ass. He claims there are some A-list names involved in the film about an ordinary boy who becomes a superhero.

But Mark's big dream is making a Superman movie.

He said: "Since I was a kid I've always wanted to reinvent Superman for the 21st century.

"I've been planning this my entire life. I've got my director and producer set up, and it'll be 2011. This is how far ahead you have to think.

"The Superman brand is toxic after that last movie lost 200 million, but in 2011 we're hoping to restart it.

"Sadly I can't say who the director is, but we may make it official by Christmas.

"But fingers crossed it could work out, that would be my lifetime's dream."
If you are over 17, go see the R-rated action film, Wanted, this weekend. It's based on the graphic novel by Mark Millar.

If you are joining us via Mania.com, I did not personally speak to Mark Millar about this but read it via a link I found while surfing the forums of Millarworld. If given the opportunity to interview Mark Millar, believe me, I would!

No comments: