Sunday, July 24, 2005

Coldplay: The Next U2




Chris Martin is the next coming of Bono of U2. Make no mistake about it. Coldplay frontman Chris Martin is an advocate for fair trade. Plus, they both performed at Live 8 in London's Hyde Park (not together of course). Martin, like U2, has spoken out against the war and endorsed Senator Kerry for President last year.

Coldplay is the real deal just like U2 and Green Day. They are here to stay. Expect Coldplay to be inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame come 2025. I'm not saying they will replace U2 just like no one will ever replace the Beatles! In terms of advocating for causes, then they are becoming the next U2.

I must admit that, so far, there is only one band that I own all the CDs of (okay--almost all the CDs) and that is The Beatles. Coldplay is going to be the next band that I plan to purchase all their albums. They are that good! It must be something about the British sound that I like.

No comments: