Thursday, July 07, 2005

Stand with Britain

Instead of my normal blogging, tonight's blog comes with sad news. Our friends in London were attacked this morning by terrorists. Nothing I write tonight can change the events of this morning but we must Stand with Britain as they did with us on 9/11/01. London was attacked because of fools who think that supporting Israel is wrong (according to one article I read). My thoughts and prayers are with the families affected by today's tragedy.

Paul McCartney was in New York City on 9/11 and he wrote a song shortly thereafter called "Freedom." He debuted that song at The Concert for New York City, a concert that was actually his idea to begin with. London might need something similar next month as the town heals and returns to normalcy. I send my thoughts and prayers to our friends across the pond and I am thankful that my cousins in England are safe and sound.

I really hate to use a Bush quote here but I feel it sums up some of my thoughts: "Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve."

Today, July 7, 2005 (also Ringo Starr's birthday), our resolve has never been higher. Justice will be served. I hope, soon, that we will live in a peaceful world. As four lads from Liverpool once said, "All you need is love."

No comments: