Saturday, October 04, 2008

A Serious Appeal

As you know, this country is on the verge of an economic meltdown. As such, blog advertising on this site has been down, too. I don't want to say that I've been unemployed for the last, um, month and a half...but I have and it's a rough job market out there. I don't like the fact that I'm a victim of the Bush economy but I am. I'm doing every thing that I can as far as trying to find a job goes but I'm playing that whole waiting game right now and it stinks. It stinks that I've been given an ultimatum of November 1st to either have a job or be forced back AGAINST MY WILL to Kentucky.

I want the economic problem solved. I moved at the worst possible time to Chicago as far as the economy is concerned. Either no one is hiring or they are taking their time to hire.

If you have any sort of Chicago connections, that's great. Otherwise, I don't know where I'll be come November 1st. Playing the waiting game stinks. So here's what you can do. If you represent a campaign, please do me a favor and purchase a blog ad. If you don't represent a campaign and have the sort of budget to make some sort of non-tax-deductible donation via paypal, that's great to. Actually, any revenue would be great at this point.

I don't want this to come off as some sort of get rich fast scheme or that I am desperate for cash but the truth is: I've been applying for jobs and following up but the fact that I have a college degree and working on a master's either makes me over-qualified or they are looking to hire someone that they can pay less.

It frickin' stinks, you know. What am I supposed to do? Write a book or a movie? Because I just might have to do that but even at that, those take some time to sell and market to publishers or studios!

No comments: