Friday, May 13, 2011

Networks cancel numerous programs...

It's upfront season for the networks, which means that we are starting to hear what shows are being cancelled. I've heard some rumors regarding programming on CBS but nothing official. The Defenders could go either way to be honest. I'm not surprised at the cancellations on NBC but I'd go ahead and ax Outsourced if I were them.

That said, ABC has renewed Happy Endings, which I am very happy to hear. They also picked up 12 programs (five comedies, seven dramas). Some are likely to be midseason replacements. New ABC comedies will include Last Man Standing, Work It, and Apt. 23. The new dramas include Good Christian Belles, Charlie's Angels, Pan Am, Once Upon a Time, and Scandal.

New NBC comedies include Bent, BFFs, Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea, Up All Night, Whitney, and Free Agents. Dramas include the Inception-esque Awake, The Playboy Club, Prime Suspect, and Grimm. They are also picking up the musical dramedy Smash.

New programs on FOX include Alcatraz, Terra Nova, The Finder, I Hate My Teenage Daughter, The New Girl

FOX
Human Target
Lie To Me
The Chicago Code
Traffic Light
Breaking In
(there is a slim chance that they could escape death)

ABC
No Ordinary Family
Brothers and Sisters
Better With You
Off the Map
Detroit 187
Mr. Sunshine
V


NBC
Law and Order: Los Angeles
The Event


CBS
Mad Love
Shit My Dad Says
The Defenders

No comments: