Monday, May 02, 2011

Some in-depth thoughts on Bin Laden's Death

Blog Posting
Because of the late night presidential address by President Barack Obama, I really didn’t have the time to type up my thoughts on the news that Osama Bin Laden was finally captured.

I remember thinking back to my thoughts during the horrible attacks on September 11, 2001. It brought some interesting discussions in the classroom. Some of which, I can still remember to this day. My comments, if I recall, were that there is not a single inhumane thing that can be done to the mastermind of the tragic attacks.

Hell, if I had my way, I’d kick Bin Laden in the nuts a few times and then punch him in the guts. I would like to do it to him while he was alive so he could physically feel the pain. Was a bullet through the head what I was expecting? No. But the guy resisted capture and as such, he was gunned down. I celebrate the fact that he died.

Some are saying that we should not be joyous of another person’s death. That said, however, Bin Laden lost the ability to be referred to as a person ages ago when he took up killing people for a living because he had some philosophical disagreements. Bin Laden is a criminal and as such, he will be treated as one.

If I had it my way, I would have been one of the folks cheering outside the White House last night and into the morning. It’s called patriotism. Bin Laden was the #1 Most Wanted fugitive and it’s sad that Pakistan did not do as much as it could have, if it bothered doing anything at all.

I’m not going to bother with the conspiracy theorists as some other bloggers are doing today. It gives their insane ideas credibility in the process. Unfortunately, one of those giving them credibility is a sitting United States Senator that, to this day, should never have been elected to the Senate.

It’s really interesting though that several media outlets cannot agree on the spelling of his name. That’s just some food for thought. I digress.

I don’t mourn the death of Bin Laden like those in Hamas chose to do. Any peace partner of Israel would praise America for wiping out an enemy of the state.

The following article is from AISH and I suggest that you read it.

No comments: