Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Half Shabbas?!?

I'm gonna chime in on this issue regarding Modern Orthodox Jews and texting on Shabbas. One either keeps Shabbas or they don't. Half Shabbas? What the hell is that? I don't touch a TV, DVD, bluray player, remote, my pc, or phone during Shabbas. I'm not a texter and never have been, but the texting generation is addicted to texting and can't go 25 hours without their phones. But to use the term Half Shabbas is a form of blasphemy if you ask me.

If one must text on Shabbas, it's the same as writing, which is a form of work. It's simply not allowed. Now amongst the other movements of Judaism, it's a different story. Trust me. I know from when I check the newsfeed every motzi Shabbas. The worst is seeing all the postings after Yom Kippur.

No comments: