Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Indiana's Richard Mourdock: Mitch McConnell's worst nightmare

Indiana Senate candidate Richard Mourdock is Mitch McConnell's worst nightmare.

McConnell, currently the Republican Minority Leader, would love to be the Majority Leader some day. It won't happen because of Republican candidates like Todd Akin and now Richard Mourdock, who seem to not have a filter when it comes to on camera appearances.

On Tuesday night, Richard Mourdock appeared at a debate where he was caught saying the following:
 

Too lazy to play the video?  Here's what the candidate said:
"I know there are some who disagree, and I respect their point of view, but I believe that life begins at conception.  The only exception I have to have an abortion is in that case of the life of the mother.  I just struggled with it myself for a long time but I came to realize: Life is that gift from G-d that I think even if life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that G-d intended to happen."
Unbelievable, right?  Did Mourdock not learn anything from the Todd Akin fiasco.

Mitt Romney's campaign immediately disavowed the comments by the Hoosier candidate.

LEO reports that Mitch McConnell watched Monday night's presidential debate with Mourdock.  He's gone on record saying that the GOP cannot win the Senate without "Lugar Republicans."

Can you imagine what Mitch must be feeling right now?!?  It's got to be embarrassing for him, especially since there's a good chance that he will be defeated come 2014.

No comments: