Thursday, August 25, 2005

Is someone in Cream about to die?

ContactMusic.com reports that death is the reason that Cream reformed this year before reconcilation would be impossible.
British rocker Eric Clapton decided to reunite 1960s band Cream this year, because he was terrified death could strike one of the three members and make a future reconciliation impossible.

The 60-year-old star was also inspired by his happy homelife with second wife Melia McEnery and their three young daughters to return to the stage with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker.

Clapton says, "That was very much a part of this album. It was born out of my home life, because what happened when I started to enjoy being a member of my own family was that I looked outside of it and thought, 'Where can I apply this?'

"And Cream are on the few bands from that era that can actually reunite because we are all alive and just about in good health."
Eric is right with regards to his last comment. Not too many bands from that era have all their members alive. Look at the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, The Who, The Beach Boys, etc. The list can go on and on.

In other Clapton news, he's devasted as to the truth about his father. No, it is not Darth Vader.
The "Layla" singer was raised by his grandparents and grew up believing his real mother Patricia was his sister.

He questioned her in 1997 over rumours his father was Ted Friar, a Canadian ex-serviceman who died in 1985, but was left disappointed when she refused to give a full answer.

Patricia died soon after meeting Clapton's wife Melia McEnery and before their first daughter Julie Rose was born.

Clapton says, "She was non-committal and much as I loved her, I don't know whether she wanted to tell me the truth.

"I didn't press it with her because I sensed I was treading on thin ice.

"And I don't know if this is my suspicious nature, but I wonder if anyone was telling the truth, or even if they really know."
I feel sorry for Eric because everyone should know the truth about their family. Fathers should be responsible for the decisions that they make.

No comments: