Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Must be doing something right...

Two days in a row with new ads going up! Well, for me this is good news! Keep those advertisements coming!!

Anyone watch the series finale of Everwood? The new CW made a mistake in cancelling the show. Some Everwood fans are mad at 7th Heaven for the cancellation but I loved watching both shows. Had it not been for 7th Heaven, I'd still be watching CBS--which I did from 9-10 when Everwood was still on Thursdays at 9 PM. The series finale was one of the best I've seen and I'll admit that there were tears on my face during the show. It was better than the finale that they gave to 7th Heaven. During the second season, I would always phone home to my folks after the show. It's a dire shame though that it got cancelled and word has it that they will not release the other seasons on DVD.

Ed, I couldn't agree more! This purge of Lieberman by those to the left of me is one of the reasons as to why I rarely visit Kos and MyDD anymore. I visit when I can but I just don't have the time to do so.
respect Chris Bowers, but this time he's missing a very basic point. The DLC is not arguing against the right to "primary" incumbents; if Connecticut Democrats want to replace Joe Lieberman with Ned Lamont or anybody else, that's fine by me. It's the national effort to dump Joe, evidenced by the heavy involvement of national organizations like MoveOn and Democracy for America, that's objectionable. And as Chris knows, much of the progressive blogosphere is nearly as obsessed with the Lamont candidacy as it is with delivering a Democratic Congress this November, for reasons that have zippo to do with the vindication of the sovereign rights of Connecticut Democrats to choose whomever they want (has anyone other than Ned Lamont himself pledged to support Lieberman if he does win the primary? If so, they're pretty quiet about it). The level of abuse being aimed at Lieberman is, quite frankly, a close second to the abuse being aimed at George W. Bush.
Let's see what the Bull Moose writes (It's a copy of the DLC memo:
"We deplore this purge effort because Joe Lieberman is an outstanding and respected U.S. Senator. He is a man of utmost integrity who speaks and governs by his values and principles, even when they lead him against the popular tide -- as he did when he went to Mississippi to fight for civil rights in 1964. He is a man who always puts his country above his party or his personal interests. Those are qualities we should cherish, not disdain, in today's far too polarized politics. We need more, not fewer, people with Joe Lieberman's character in the Democratic Party."
I support Joe Lieberman just like I support Sen. Daniel Akaka. If you've been reading this for a long time, you should remember that I endorsed Joe Lieberman for president. Joe Lieberman is why I am in politics--though I have been leading towards entertainment as of late. Joe Lieberman is a man of integrity.

Because this is a Democratic blog and one that heavily focuses on KY-3 when it can, I feel that there should be some sort of comment on this situation. The fact is, had his journal been friends-only, then we wouldn't have this mess. Would I have done this sort of thing? No way. I can't even bare to look at her HQ.

Feingold and Warner endorse the NH primaries.

Boston won on June 4th and Matt Clement picked up the win. Gonzales, Ortiz, Ramirez, and Youkilis went yard when they won 8-3 against Detroit. Josh Beckett picked up yesterday's loss to NY as the Sox went down 13-5. Mirabelli went yard with his first home run of the season.

Former President Bill Clinton used his humorous side at Princeton.
Clinton offered praise for his successor, saying President George W. Bush is trying to find common ground in the debate over illegal immigration.

On a lighter note, he told the seniors they're more interesting than the class of 1906 -- which he describes as "a bunch of boring white guys like" himself.

In a bit of irony, Clinton, a Democrat, was picked by a committee that's co-chaired by relatives of two famous Republicans.

Presidential niece Lauren Bush and Harrison Frist, the son of Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, are among those who invited Clinton.
The MLB Draft gets underway at noon today.

It's not too late to vote for the All-Star game. I've now voted six times so far.

My 2006 all-star votes will be going to:
American League
First Base: David Ortiz, BOS
Second Base: Adam Kennedy, LAA or Ian Kinsler, TEX
Third Base: Troy Glaus, TOR
Shortstop: Derek Jeter, NYY
Catcher: Jason Varitek, BOS
Outfielder: Vladimir Guerrero, LAA
Outfielder: Manny Ramirez, BOS
Outfielder: Brad Wilkerson, TEX or Scott Podsednik, CWS
Where is Jim Thome listed?!?

National League
First Base: Albert Pujols, STL
Second Base: Chase Utley, PHI
Third Base: Scott Rolen, STL
Shortstop: David Eckstein, STL
Catcher: Mike Piazza, SD or Paul Lo Duca, NYM
Outfielder: Adam Dunn, CIN
Outfielder: Jim Edmonds, STL
Outfielder: Alfonso Soriano, WAS

And don't even get me started on Jason Isringhausen...

No comments: