Monday, August 14, 2006

X4?!?

It looks like it WILL happen.
The surprise clip at the end of this summer's "X-Men: The Last Stand," belied the film's title, leaving room for yet another stand of the mutant brigade. But when and which of the mutant posse will be back are the outstanding questions. Exec producer Lauren Shuler Donner reports that renegotiations will be in order for the fourth installment of the big-screen sagas.
"The newer cast members are signed, and the older cast members are not." Considering the older names involved -- Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Romijn, Famke Janssen and Anna Paquin -- that could run into a huge chunk of money.

All that's putting the cart before the wolverine, of course, since Hugh Jackman is set to reprise his role as the manicure-challenged mutant superhero in his own film. "Next, we're going to do 'Wolverine,' but not before the end of the year because he's in the Baz Luhrmann film," she says of the filmmaker's untitled Australian epic with Nicole Kidman. However, "We have the script and are working on it."
James Marsden (Cyclops) is also speaking in favor.
We asked James about a spinoff for his character of Cyclops; he kind of danced around the subject, but did say, "Yeah, I think this is going to be - no, no, I, um - I have no idea. I don't think that they're doing a Cyclops spin-off, but, if they're doing a 4th one, I don't know, I doubt it. I think they're just going forward with the Wolverine spin-off, I think with Hugh (Jackman)."

Even though it's supposedly a prequel for Wolverine, James said he'd love to join the cast if he's asked. "It's prior to our meeting in the first film. Yeah, I feel very lucky to be a part of those films and great affection for the comics and for those characters and I feel very lucky to be a part of it and I would. If they'd have me, I'd be a part of everyone they did."

No comments: