Thursday, March 31, 2011

Basketball nuggets...

Jody got some comments from the three other UK signees on Michael Gilchrist's play last night.
Kyle Wiltjer: "He’s just so long and so strong at that position. He’s a tough defender and is just so effective at both ends of the floor. I’m glad he’ll be with us."

Marquis Teague: "That’s Mike. He’s going to get a double-double every night, he gives high energy and he just wins. That’s Mike."

Anthony Davis: "Mike got a lot of rebounds, he worked hard on the boards to get the rebounds and put them all back in. He don’t like doing any media interviews but I have no problem with it, I’ll talk for him. Mike is my man. He is going to have to get used too it because he’s going to have to do a lot of media interviews.
Anthony Davis was a beast last night. Here's some more on Davis.
The 6-foot-10 Chicago native playing in front of his home crowd, hit 5 of 8 from the field and finished with 14 points, six rebounds, four blocked shots, two steals and one assist.

"It was excellent," Davis said. "I had a really good time. Playing in my hometown and especially putting a lot of pressure on myself because (Chicago native) Wayne (Blackshear) only got to play eight minutes. I think I did excellent job of representing Chicago."

Davis said the game marked a good spot in his career, which has gone from an unknown just more than a year ago to perhaps being the No. 1 player in the country. Scout.com has him ranked No. 1 and the other services have him in the top five.

"All the hard work pays off," Davis said. "If you don’t put in all the hard work, then you are not get anything out of it. I tried to work as hard as I could and it’s paid off."
Evan Daniels has his article on the game over at Scout.

No comments: