Saturday, August 25, 2012

Paul Ryan scares me...

Congressman Paul Ryan's budget plan aside, he is a very scary person.  Just read what he said when he was asked his thoughts on conception when asked by WJHL reporter Josh Smith.
JOSH SMITH: ...Specifically where you stand when it comes to rape, and when it comes to the issue of should it be legal for a woman to be able to get an abortion if she's raped.

PAUL RYAN: I'm very proud of my pro-life record, and I've always adopted the idea that, the position that the method of conception doesn't change the definition of life. But let's remember, I'm joining the Romney-Ryan ticket. And the president makes policy. And the president, in this case the future President Mitt Romney, has exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother, which is a vast improvement of where we are right now.

These are his words, not mine.  The way I interpret what he said is that he and Romney have a difference of opinion when it comes to abortion rights.  Going into this past week, I thought it was reasonable that most people, even Republicans, only supported the women's right to choose when it came to the exceptions of rape, incest, and when the mother's life is in danger.  Oy, was I wrong.

The interview with WJHL was not the first time that Ryan has said such comments.  He had said it before with Joe Delano of KDKA in Pittsburgh as Maddowblog notes.

G-d forbid that Mitt Romney gets elected and something happens with him.  I'm not advocating that you do something to him.  That's just now how the system works.  But G-d forbid he dies in a car crash or plane crash.  After all, you should see how Political Animals ended last week.  Just saying.

I don't know about you but a Paul Ryan presidency would scare me to death.  It seriously would.

No comments: