Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Thanksgiving Message - 2008 Edition

May you have a safe, healthy, and happy Thanksgiving.

On this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for my family and friends. Times have been rough and they have come through for me.

I am thankful for my great-grandparents getting out of Europe and Russia before the war started.

I am thankful for my public school education, although the state of Kentucky has a lot of work to do.

I am thankful to those of you who have forgiven me for doing that which will not be mentioned, although it gave me my first fifteen minutes of fame. If you don't know what I am talking about here, please message me appropriately.

I am thankful for our troops serving us overseas even if I disagree with why we went over there in the first place, except for Afghanistan which was justified.

I am thankful to be living in a free country which allows the freedom of religion. On that note, especially this year, I am thankful for the Anshe Sholom community for their warm welcome following my move from Kentucky to Chicago.

I am thankful for the Jewish comedians of the vaudeville and Borscht Belt eras for paving the way for comedians like Jerry Seinfeld and Jon Stewart.

I am thankful for President Bush for providing so much comedic material even though I only have less than three months to perfect my act.

I am thankful that Americans made the right decision this year by making up for mistakes in 2000 and 2004. I'm thankful that they did the right thing by electing Obama-Biden.

I am thankful that shows like Heroes, The Daily Show, Late Night with Conan, The Tonight Show, The Late Show, Saturday Night Live, The Office, and The Colbert Report were approved by the networks so that I have television to enjoy.

I am thankful for the writing room of Caesar's Hour, considered to be the smartest and funniest room since Thomas Jefferson dined alone at the White House.

I am thankful for promising Democratic leaders in Jonathan Miller, Steve Beshear, Daniel Mongiardo, Ben Chandler, Crit Luallen, Jack Conway, Steve Gold, John Yarmuth, Bruce Lunsford, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Rahm Emanuel, Hillary Clinton, Jerry Abramson, Howard Dean, etc.

I am thankful for a party that works for the working class.

No comments: