Monday, September 04, 2006

College Football

I consider myself a sports fan. I'm a diehard St. Louis Cardinals fan in baseball. When it comes to college basketball, I will not miss a game with the University of Kentucky Wildcats playing. When it comes to the NFL, I'll check in on the Indianapolis Colts game if and when I have a chance. But for some reason, I just can't get through the college football season. I guess it has to do with the fact that my beloved Wildcats just can't find it in themselves to play it hard enough to win. Look at the game recap from last night. True that the Wildcats kept up with them in the first half but it just wasn't enough. That said, I always struggle to get by college football season. I'll watch the highlights and all, depending on what else is on of course, but for me, unless the Wildcats have a winning season, it's not that easy to watch. It's bad enough that aside from today's game, pretty much everything is tape delayed or just not on. That's how bad the team is. Although, I'm hopeful that things will be somewhat optimistic this season.
Kentucky wide receiver Keenan Burton -- a lifelong friend of Bush's who consoled him as he left the field -- tried to keep the Wildcats competitive. He caught four passes for 127 yards and a touchdown and also scored on a 100-yard kickoff return.
I guess that's all for that rant. Have a happy Labor Day...I'll probably take the day off to watch baseball.

No comments: