Sunday, September 24, 2006

Meeting General Wesley Clark

So I find out right after I get back to campus tonight that Wes Clark, make that General Wesley Clark, was going to be speaking in Wilder at a campaign stop for Linda Klembara and Randy Blankenship. David Ryan and former Congressman Ken Lucas, both running for State House and US House respectively, also spoke. Rep. Dennis Keene spoke as well. So did Speaker Richards, who did a great job as usual.

There's something that gets me with Jerry Lundergan. He has the passion for the job of party chairman and every time I read something bad about him, he'll always win over my support with a fiery speech whether it be at Family Day (not this year, Jewish holiday) or at the party dinner when Sen. Biden was in Newport at the Syndicate. Lundergan did introduce Ken Lucas.

Congressman Lucas, the former and future, spoke about how he didn't want to run initially but he started getting frustrated with the news, and then with everyone asking him to run, he eventually agreed to make a comeback run against Davis. Lucas introduced the general.

General Clark was a fantastic speaker. I've never had the chance to hear him live in person before tonight and I was glad that I did. He's definitely on my short list and I would love a Bayh/Clark ticket in 2008. Clark spoke about how Clinton used diplomacy in his office before he used force as Commander in Chief.

Afterwards, I had the opportunity to get his autograph and eventually, a picture with him. I mentioned how we are probably cousins. His father was a Kohan, and so was my great grandfather (meaning that they descend from the sons of Aaron). I thanked him for serving before he left.

All in all, I like the small rallies rather than the stadium arenas because it gives one the opportunity to meet such cool people like Wes Clark, Max Cleland, Evan Bayh, and Joe Biden.

If, by chance, General Clark sees this, I would like to again thank you for serving our country.

Pat Crowley's article is up.

ETA: Hillbilly Report now has links to photos of last night. I'm in quite a few of them.

No comments: