Monday, October 02, 2006

That's over now...

Well, the High Holiday season has come to an end here in 5767 but Sukkot is just around the corner. Thank goodness that I don't have to fast on my 22nd birthday unlike my 21st birthday last year.

Did you miss me over the last 36 hours or so? I'm sure you did. Anyway, the St. Louis Cardinals clinched the NL Central thanks to the Braves beating the Astros yesterday afternoon. Nothing like a three run ninth-inning with Duncan, Pujols, and Spiezio going yard.

It's not good news when PA groups say that they will fight any Palestinian government that recognizes Israel.

Holy crap. Iran has set the date of their launch reactor. Iran is a threat to the United States and to it's primary ally in the Middle East, Israel. I don't know why the United Nations is not taking the threat seriously enough. I've been taking it seriously and have pushing for action against Iran for almost a year now, if not more. What does this American government not see? Diplomatic relations will not work with a religious fanatic wanting Israel wiped off the map. Diplomatic relations will not work with a religious fanatic who denies the existence of the Shoah. Diplomatic relations will not work with a country that has a "Death to America" holiday. I see it. Don't you? Lives are at stake here.

Congressman Ben Chandler has sent out an email dealing with The Compassionate Community:
This book is a must-read for anyone who cares about the future of our political system and our democracy. While the book is being published nationally by St. Martin's Press, it has special resonance for those of us who live here in Kentucky. And please know that Jonathan is donating all of his profits from the book to charity.
Political blogs are gaining steam across the political spectrums. I've been at this for over two years a few months off for the 2004 election season but I'm blogging away and will keep blogging my thoughts on political ideas over the next several years. Perhaps that's why I've stopped sending in editorials to the CJ because I have this space to vent on.

Congressional races are starting to heat up. Make no mistake about that. It's that time of year where many of us decide to mute our televisions during the political commercials which will bombard us for, oh, the next month or so until the election season ends.

Jon Stewart is a man in demand. I just hope he's smart enough to tape the show after sundown.

Presidential contenders are visiting Florida.

Dan Aykroyd is at it again.

Former Virginia Governor Mark Warner campaigned recently for the next Tennessee Senator...Harold Ford, Jr.

This link was emailed to me so I just thought I would share it with you.

Deadspin has a piece up on my Cardinals!

I believe that they should be posting the votes.

Apparently, the folks over at the Hotline didn't see the message posted on Blogging for Bayh recently where I disputed the fact that Bayh did not give to the DSCC. Through his PAC money, he gave to the DSCC.
Sen. Evan Bayh's All America PAC plans to donate $100K to the IN Dem party, and Bayh will spend a good part of 10/06 blitzing his state to help elect Dems to Congress and the state legislature. Beginning 10/6, Bayh will campaign for Dem candidates in IN 02 (Joe Donnelly), IN 08 (Brad Ellsworth) and IN 09 (Baron Hill), holding press conference with all of them at least once. He'll also hit the trail for all three Dems in late Oct.

Bayh's PAC lent staff trained by Camp Bayh to all three candidates as well as the IN Dem party. Bayh will also campaign for IN state house candidates and plans to appear in television spots on their behalf. A Bayh spokesman stresses that Bayh "is not going to be decisive in these races," but attributes some of their competitiveness to the trail that Bayh, who served two terms as GOV ending in '96, blazed. Also in Oct., Bayh will campaign for candidates in OH, KY, IA and NV, as well as for Dems in IL.

No comments: