Sunday, April 15, 2007

DeAndre Jordan to stay at Texas A&M

Here's the latest from MyFOX Houston. It appears that the highly ranked center will honor his committment with Texas A&M.
Seven-footer DeAndre Jordan, from Christian Life Academy in Houston, tells FOX 26 Sports he met with new Aggie head coach Mark Turgeon for 90 minutes Sunday afternoon.

"I've decided I am going to stay at Texas A&M next year and honor my committment and I will be there June 1st for summer school," Jordan said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports.

Jordan says the meeting with Turgeon, which took place in Houston, went a long way toward him deciding to honor his committment to A&M and not ask for his release.

"It was real important because I didn't know anything about Coach Turgeon. A lot of the players at Texas A&M called me and told me all the things he was about, that he was a good guy, but I wanted to see it myself. So I met with him. I liked what he was talking about and where he is taking the program and that convinced me," Jordan said.

Jordan said it meant a great deal to him that Turgeon would come to Houston and spend an hour and a half with him.

"I kind of felt a little important. That he would go out of his way to come down here and meet with me and my family," Jordan said. He told me "he was going to continue what coach Gillispie left behind at Texas A&M." Gillispie is now the head coach At Kentucky.

No comments: