Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Quotes of the Day

This first one is awfully old and here is the link to prove it. It comes from none other than former 84-WHAS talk show host John Ziegler. But after looking through some research online, I am not the least bit surprised.
"I am thrilled and excited that my good friend John Yarmuth has decided to run for Congress. While I disagree with many, though hardly all, of his political positions, the John Yarmuth I know is a man of great intellect and character and would be a tremendous addition to the United States Congress. The people of greater Louisville should consider themselves lucky to have such a candidate from which to choose. Assuming John wins the primary, which I strongly believe he will, Anne Northup is in for the race of her life; one where she will have to run against a smarter and better person than she is. I intend to do everything I can to help John get elected which, considering the perception of me in much of Louisville, will probably require me to maintain as much silence as possible."
-John Ziegler, January 31, 2006

The next comes from Congressman Harold Ford, Jr., when he was at the Indiana Democratic Party's JJ Dinner.
"And then, after winning this seat in the Senate in November, and I thank all of you for your help tonight, those of you that have helped, the I'll be happy to resume, I'll give it to Parker for the time being, but I'll be ready to resume my role as Finance Chair for this '08 bid for this young Senator from the state of Indiana."
--Rep Harold Ford, Jr regarding Sen Bayh's prospective 2008 bid, May 13, 2006

No comments: