Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My 2008 Presidential Endorsement

As many of you know, I was one of many grassroots leaders of Americans for Bayh from late 2004 to sometime in 2006 when Sen. Bayh ended his run for president in December 2006.

I've taken the last several months figuring out the rest of the Democratic field and I finally made an endorsement a few days ago, which I have since emailed to my political contacts. This was made tough by candidates dropping out left and right. I think it is a safe bet right now that Al Gore is not running.

As one knows, I am Jewish and very passionate about issues relating to Israel so I have been busy (during free time) with regards to finding out where the candidates stand on Israel and other relevant issues. On domestic issues, I am in agreement with much of the field but foreign policy is an entirely different story. I have read through the position papers and Sen. Clinton's is one that I find myself in high agreement with.

I have come to the decision of makinng my endorsement in support New York Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton to be the next President of the United States. I have no reservations about this decision and I hope that she names Indiana Sen. Evan Bayh as her choice for VP. I am pleased and honored to join a long list of names such as Bayh, O'Malley, McGovern, and Clark to name a few.

When all is said and done, she will win the Democratic nomination and the presidency.

No comments: