Thursday, February 01, 2007

Open Thread

So when did candidates search for email addresses through Facebook to add them to their campaign mailing list?

I never asked to be on Fletcher's email list and here's the excerpt from a campaign mailing that was just sent to my inbox:
Thank you for signing up as my friend on Facebook. I will be relying greatly on you and my other friends in the coming weeks.

We have made great strides in Kentucky in my first three years as Governor. We have streamlined state government from 14 cabinets to 9 and turned the $302 million budget shortfall of fiscal year 2004 into a $279 million surplus without raising taxes. We have improved our roads, educational system and created thousands of new jobs.

To continue to move Kentucky forward, I am asking for your help.

As you know, I am running for re-election as Governor. The primary is just a few weeks away and our campaign is shifting into high gear. Please take a moment to visit my website at www.erniefletcher.com and sign up as a volunteer for my campaign. There are many ways to get involved from attending events, putting a bumper sticker on your car, a sign in your yard, making phone calls, canvassing your neighborhood or encouraging your friends to vote for me.

This promises to be an exciting election year and I would be honored to have you actively assisting me on my re-election team.

Thanks again my friend and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Ernie Fletcher

No comments: