Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Non-election news...

Too many Kentucky voters were misinformed about Sen. Barack Obama's faith. I blame the Rovian smears.
Colin Powell on Meet the Press last Sunday: "Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer is no. That's not America. Is there something wrong with a seven-year-old Muslim American kid believing he or she could be president? Yet I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion that [Obama] is a Muslim and might have an association with terrorists. This is not the way we should be doing it in America."
Even though he does not support him this year, Senator Joe Lieberman has said that he respects Barack Obama.
In a conference call with Connecticut reporters on Friday, Lieberman bristled at the media's coverage of the McCain campaign's negativity. "You guys are going down a road, you have contributed to the demeaning of our politics by this kind of focus," Lieberman said. "I mean, give me a break. Have any of you been out listening to me?"

"When I go out, I say, 'I have a lot of respect for Sen. Obama. He's bright. He's eloquent.' Someday, I might even support him for president," Lieberman told a conference call of Connecticut reporters. "But now in the midst of this series of crises, John McCain is simply so much better prepared that that's who I am proud to support."

Lieberman also said that if McCain doesn't, "I'm going to do everything I can to be bringing people ... together across party lines to support the new president so he can succeed."
Imagine that...Ben Chandler campaigns for Bruce Lunsford. Think you'd ever see the day?
"I'm convinced that Bruce Lunsford will take this country in the right direction," Chandler told more than 100 people, mostly Democrats, in Paris' Stonefence Bistro.[...]

But Lunsford told reporters that length of service won't be as important as party affiliation.

"He has no seniority in the Democratic Party and they're going to run the country at least for the next four or six years," said Lunsford, a Louisville businessman. "And we're going to be in economic trouble for a while ... And somebody who understands it like me, I think, is a steadier hand in the game now than he is."
Why are the Oscars a comedy-free zone?

Details of Funny People, the upcoming film from Judd Apatow, have been released.

How the Fonz and Richie Cunningham reunited at Funny Or Die.
The Opie video came together when Howard called Judd Apatow, the director and producer who has frequently collaborated with FunnyOrDie. Apatow referred him to McKay, who wrote a draft of the script with Howard's input. Jake Szymanski, who directed the Hilton video, shot it.
The new poster for Fanboys spoofs that of the Apatow posters.

No comments: