Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bar'chu! (I'm a Jew)

The Jew Man Group did a remix of Cee-Lo Green's "Forget You":


"Bar'chu!" (I'm A Jew)
by Jew Man Group

I've got my head face down in my Parasha and I'm like
"Bar'chu!" (I’m a Jew)
Bein' a mohel or a shochet won't be enough, so I'm like,
"Bar'chu!" and "Yis-m'-chu!"

It's my Bar Mitzvah, I'll celebrate with ya,
We're davenin' shacharis (davenin' shacharis!)
And though we ain’t facing West,
I'll still greet all my guests with a...
"Bar'chu!" (I’m a Jew)

Yeah, my party won't have calamari
And the caterer kashers the silverware
Whether in the city or on a safari
It don't matter 'cause you can pray anywhere.

Step into the shuuuuul and sit down in a pew
(Turn off your phone and twitter)
(Just pick up your own siddur)
Ooooooh, there's lots of Jews with you
Yeah, let's see if you stay awake 'till the end

(CHORUS)

Now I know it's on tomorrow
My Haftarah and D'var's complete.
Chant the Torah, dance the hora
'Cause payin' for all of this food ain't cheap.

Step into the shuuuuul and sit down in a pew
(Turn off your phone and twitter)
(Just pick up your own siddur)
Ooooooh, there's lots of Jews with you
Ooh! I'd really love to make Kiddush about now

(CHORUS)

Now zaidy, zaidy, zaidy,
Why ya, why ya, why ya lookin' so sad?
(So sad, so sad, so sad)
You were plotzin' with my bubbie,
Then she told me, "get the check book from dad"
(From dad, from dad, from dad)
Yes she did, and he's like

Oy! Chai? Oy! Chai?
Oy! Chai, zaidy!
Oy! I love Jews!
Oy! I still love Jews.
Oy!

So now I’m walkin’ 'round town with my yarmulke,
“I’m a Jew!” (I'm A Jew!)
The books of Moses and the prophets ain’t easy stuff,
Now I’m like, “I’m a Jew” and so are you!

Now, it says in the Mishnah, let’s go make a mitzvah
It all started at my bris (Started at my bris)

Now that you’ve all been impressed,
I’ll keep doin’ my best, now that,
“I’m a Jew!" (I’m a Jew!)

No comments: