Saturday, February 19, 2011

Earth to Congressman Ben Chandler...

Like so many people, I voted for Ben Chandler when he ran for governor in 2003. Twice--in the primary and again in the fall. But what is happening to him in Washington?

I'm glad that he voted against the Republicans' plan to defund Planned Parenthood.

But here's the thing that I don't get. Why would he vote against funding the health care reform bill that passed a year ago last March? Why did he cave to the GOP when he barely got re-elected last year? I don't get this.

I want to like Ben Chandler but gosh darn it, this is making it so hard. At this point, Ben Chandler is fuirther to the right than even Senator Joe Lieberman. It makes it harder to even fathom the idea of voting another time for Ben Chandler if he were to run statewide again in Kentucky. Granted, come 2016 when Rand is up for re-election, I'll probably be in Chicago, New York, or Los Angeles.

No comments: