Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Russ Feingold starts Progressive PAC

Former Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold announced the formation of Progressives United. Here's the email that he sent out to supporters.
Friend,

For too long, we've witnessed the ever-increasing, corruptive power of corporations over our democracy.

As you know, I spent much of my career in the Senate fighting that corruptive power. I am no longer in the Senate tp represent Wisconsin, but I have no intention of giving up that fight -- or giving up on you and all the people who have fought it with me.

Today I am proud to announce that progressives -- demanding change and demanding action -- have come together to help me launch a new group: Progressives United.

Together we will empower Americans to fight back against corporate influence and corruption in Washington, D.C., and demand democratic reforms to our election system. We will support candidates who will work for the people, not the corporations. We will call out the media when they hide from the real story.

And we will do it all united.

Stand with me: Click here to watch my new video message introducing the new Progressives United -- and then pledge to keep up the fight with me.

After the Supreme Court’s egregious Citizens United decision last year, which opened the floodgates for corporations to influence our elections, we saw hundreds of millions of dollars from corporate special interests drown out the voices of average Americans and obstruct the democratic principles established by our nation’s Founders.

That flood of corporate money began to make an impact in last fall's elections. But our real fight is ahead, when special interests will try to buy their way to victory in 2012.

Progressives have long fought for clean elections and good government, because that's what makes our nation work best. Now we’re uniting to continue that fight.

Will you stand with me?

Join together with progressives across America to stop the corruptive corporate influence in politics: Watch my video now and pledge to keep up the fight!

Together, you and I have stuck to the progressive principles that will move our country forward -- while working to ensure that none of our fellow citizens get left behind.

That’s why I opposed corrupt trade agreements, like NAFTA, that passed under corporate influence. I supported health care reform, voted against the Patriot Act and the Iraq War, and reached across party lines to make our system of campaign financing more accountable.

But we still have a lot of work left to do.

United once again, we can ensure that Abraham Lincoln’s words that we are “government of the people, by the people, for the people” remain true.

Please join me!

Your friend,

Russ Feingold
Founder
Progressives United
You can like the facebook page here. The PAC page can be found here.

No comments: