Thursday, January 26, 2006

An interesting afternoon

This afternoon was definitely an interesting one. There's nothing like a Republican Congressman wanting to shake your hand because you're a prominent blogger within an hour or so of saying that there is no accountability in the blogosphere. I'm not spinning Congressman Geoff Davis' remarks because there are some blogs I stopped reading because they are no longer credible. I'm working on a piece about the Congressman but it won't be published until I get some more questions answered. I'm not going to spin things either way when that is published even if I am biased in favor of Democrats. But my readers will be priviledged enough to see this evening's quote of the day. Surprisingly enough, there was no press at the event. In fact, the Kentucky Post article was how I found out.

I'm watching the Lady Cats take in the Tennessee Volunteers. Apparently, Pat Summitt was almost hired as the Lady Cats Head Coach. The game is on the Fox Sports Network. The Cats knocked off Florida already this season and they are currently leading (4:04 remaining in the first half) a strong Tenessee team.

Now on to other news of the day. Judge Alito is likely to be confirmed.

St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay asks your thoughts on the Olympics.

I haven't had this confirmed and I can't remember who mentioned it today but they heard a rumor from sources in DC saying that John McCain and Hillary Clinton might leave their respective parties and run as independents, possibly on the same ticket.

Sorry, Dan but I've endorsed Eliot Spitzer already.
The Politicker has learned that Tom Suozzi's been talking to political consultant Dan Gerstein, a longtime advisor to Joe Lieberman with a reputation like his old boss's for crossing some of the traditional Democratic interest groups, notably the teachers' unions, and who is not a favorite of the people he likes to call the Democrats' "angry activist base."

"He’s given us some advice, but we don’t have a campaign at this time," Suozzi aide Kim Devlin said when asked if Gerstein was on the campaign.

The connection makes some sense. Suozzi, along with Shelly Silver (an odd couple), was one of the early, prominent supporters of Senator's 2004 presidential bid.

"Senator Lieberman is a big fan of Tom Suozzi’s and through my exposure to Tom under Sen. Lieberman I became a big fan as well," Gerstein says. "I’m interested in helping him advance his reform agenda in New York in any way I can."
New Hampshire State Representative Peter Sullivan has unveiled his reform plan for lobbyists and Congress.

No comments: