Sunday, March 20, 2005

Where's that paycheck?

I don't think I get paid til the end of the month so I have to watch my expenses. I've got a bloody feeling that I will find myself buying yet another pizza for dinner because my gosh-darn cousin in Cincinnati is irreliable! I was told during spring break that she would be going back to Louisville. I get a call today saying that she won't.

I don't know many people here from Louisville, if any, but I do know this for a fact. I have 15 meals on a meal plan. I'm down to 12. An average of three per day will cause me to finish on Thursday. Add on the fact that Purim is Thursday night means that Thursday from sunrise to sunset is a fast day so that moves the planned expiration of those meals to lunch on Friday. This leaves me no choice but to order in on Friday. The raisins go by rather quickly. I've used up over half a bag in one week. The bananas went bad so I never finished that. Albeit, I still have two apples left. I have exactly three boxes of cereal that HAVE to be gone on April 22, 2005 because one if not allowed to possess chametz that Saturday since Pesach falls on a Saturday night. I had 4 bags of bagels that I mainly eat on Saturdays though I had a few already this week and the one bag is finished--leaving three bags.

Because of the fact that I got laid off in September, I've made nothing when I am a work-study student. G-d willing, I'll get a job in the athletic department this fall. Otherwise, I'll be on a VERY TIGHT budget.

All this and still no blog-ads?!? If and when blogads are approved, that will help my income and maybe I can invest in a car. A scooter will not help...that doesn't get me to the comedy clubs (Dave Attell is going to be here soon (or was he already here).

I'm getting close to releasing some political news--I just got to get the go-ahead--but it does deal with someone I know.

Sports-wise, my dad has one team left in the final four. I have three times as does my brother. However, I'm the only one in the family with UK going all the way. Maybe the only one in the office pool as well.

Excuse my rant but I've been sitting watching college sports all day. It makes up for my lack of the ability to dunk or hit a tray for that matter.

[UPDATE]: Adding on that I do not have a vacuum cleaner causing a high amount of dust in the room, it's no wonder why my nose has been bleeding lately (note to parents for the next time you come up!)

No comments: