Friday, March 25, 2005

Quote of the Day

"Using our God-given talents to feel our life's experiences more deeply is divine, which means, inexorably, that Kentucky basketball is a religious experience -- just like we've been telling everyone for years. That is why I not only don't want to get over the thrill of our advance to the Sweet 16, I don't need to. It's good for me, this sense of safety and belonging in my tribe, the heady increase in the joy of being alive, the exultation and spiritual tinge of those exquisite passes.

"We'll need to be plenty alive against Utah's Bogut, but I am confident we'll do to him what we did to big men Tim Duncan and Marcus Camby in '96 on our way to winning it all: neutralize, if not shut him down. We had a fine game against UC, turning its notorious defense into a sieve, and I like our chances from here on out if we play with spirit, urgency and desire. Roll over Beethoven, the Cats are coming to town!"
--Ashley Judd, Lexington Herald-Leader
LINK

No comments: