Monday, April 04, 2005

Monday Monday

So bad to me...

Listening to "Tessie" by Dropkick Murphys as well as "Dirty Water" by the Standells. Baseball is back!

Rob Corddry is interviewed by the Washington Post. Don't tell him but his alma mater's new coach is from Kentucky.
So what's it like being a Red Sox fan in New York?
It's amazing, I love it. I got a lot of [stuff] this year from people at my gym who would see my Red Sox hat, and they would disdainfully say, 'Oh, seen a lot of those around lately,' inferring that I got on the bandwagon or something. It was all I could do not to grab them around the throat and push them up against a locker and say, 'Listen, this Red Sox hat has been to Yankees Stadium more than you have, [unprintable insult].' The day after we won it was very quiet, a very quiet city. A lot of people wouldn't meet my eyes. I was one of the gloaters, and nobody would meet my eyes. It was a really different city -- it was like New York after the blackout, or like Wall Street circa 1933.
Oh, and thankfully, Jon Stewart is a diehard Mets fan.

Take my bumper stickers off? Yes, it is time to move on and accept the fact that we didn't mobolize enough people to win but yes, I know you're glad you voted for John Kerry but he lost and we must move on.

Baseball begins as does Billy Crystal taking his seats at Yankee Stadium. Who else was there?
However, hustling into the park before the first pitch were Fox New Channel's Bill O'Reilly, actor Tony Danza, 60 Minutes tandem Mike Wallace and Don Hewitt, and ancient bandleader Skitch Henderson. Leaving his lovely wife Melania at home, developer Donald Trump walked in with talk-show host Regis Philbin, who was no doubt prepping for his hard-hitting interview with Idiot author Johnny Damon. (The Sox center fielder flogs his memoir on Live with Regis and Kelly this morning before heading to a book signing at Rockefeller Center.) And apparently recovered from the humiliation of losing four straight to the world champs last fall, Yankee stalwarts Penny Marshall and Billy Crystal took their usual seats at the Stadium, as did Saturday Night Live boss Lorne Michaels and Sopranos actress Lorraine Bracco.
Fourty-nine percent ain't bad for Senator Bayh in Indiana.

Taking care of entertainment humor right since I need to finish writing the show and take a somewhat short nap.

Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall have ended their feud. Not that I ever saw the HBO comedy but that's good. Now about those Yankee and Red Sox fans...

Bruce Willis is reluctant to give up his role as a single guy. Wasn't he with Demi Moore or has my memory faded on that one?!?

Alicia Silverstone has some new moves thanks to a movie I won't bother seeing...so when does she reprise her role as Batgirl?

No comments: