Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Bob Kerrey for Mayor? PART 2

Reuters:
Former U.S. senator and Democratic presidential candidate Bob Kerrey said on Monday it was "unlikely" he would run for New York mayor, backing off comments he made in recent days.

Kerrey, who is president of New York's New School University, mused in an interview with The New York Times on Saturday whether he should enter the race for City Hall because he was so dissatisfied with Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

"This past Saturday I answered a question from a reporter who asked if I was seriously considering becoming a candidate for mayor of New York City, and I said I was," Kerrey, who was a member of the national commission that investigated the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, said in a statement.

"It is unlikely I will enter this race as a candidate."
So, his sanity got the best of him then?

No comments: