Sunday, April 03, 2005

URGENT! Save American Dreams Update

I was just sent this email. Please read carefully:

UNFORTUNATELY… there was a “glitch in the system” and NBC only received a reported 100 emails for the entire week. I was notified by Jonathan Prince of this strange occurrence, and I simply couldn’t believe it. I know NBC should have received hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of emails from fans. Mr. Prince put me in touch with the person who runs the American Dreams section of the NBC website, and we spent Friday troubleshooting. Late Friday afternoon, she wrote to me and said that her techs had discovered the “glitch,” had fixed the problem, and that they had recovered several “SAVE OUR SHOW” emails. However, only a few were recovered. She recommended that I ask everyone to send their emails again.

So, I am appealing to all of you to send your heartfelt and eloquent emails to NBC once again. We need to wield the power we have through our keyboards, and let NBC know that they must SAVE OUR SHOW. If you didn’t get the chance to write last week, then now is your chance!

This time, since it is such short notice, the window of opportunity is from NOW until Friday, April 8th at 5 pm. You MUST write “SAVE OUR SHOW” in the subject line, and then resend the body of your previous email. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Email AmericanDreams@nbcuni.com

No comments: