Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday Night Recap

Has anyone caught the new made-for-TV movie, 10.5: Apocalypse. Part 2 of the miniseries airs this Tuesday from 9-11 PM. This movie is a natural disaster thriller and I found it exciting. I was drawn in by the previews (trailer) while watchung other shows on NBC. Thankfully, NBC decided to air the original 10.5 from two years ago on Saturday night -- since I had nothing else to do, I decided to watch it. Beau Bridges is the president in both. Just to think, he only heads up Stargate Command in Stargate: SG-1. I watched Category 7 when that originally aired and I'll say it right now that this is the better of the two movies. This is not as much of a thinker's movie since it deals more with seismic activity of the plate techtonic movements rather than the effects of global warming in Category 7 and The Day after Tomorrow. But to imagine North America forever changed is kind of scary.

The Bayh watch shows that Sen. Bayh is lacking political clout needed to win in 2008. I have faith that he will increase in those rankings. Remember, we are talking about a Democrat that has won FIVE times in a RED state. You don't see that too often.

I feel sorry for Paul McCartney. That's all I have to say about the current situation.

This is definitely going in the book of classic jokes. I got in in my inbox yesterday:
So, Donald Rumsfeld is briefing George Bush in the Oval Office.

"Oh and finally, sir, three Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq today."

Bush goes pale, his jaw hanging open in stunned disbelief. He buries his face in his hands, muttering "My God...My God".

"Mr. President," says Cheney, "we lose soldiers all the time, and it's terrible. But I've never seen you so upset. What's the matter?"

Bush looks up and says..."How many is a Brazilian?"
In more serious news, I offer my condolences to the families of the miners killed this past weekend.

The Red Sox lost to the Phillies 10-5 yesterday even though Kevin Youkilis and Mike Lowell went yard. Lenny DiNardo picked up the loss.

Sam Seder has a new book due out soon called FUBAR.

Here's an update on the V for Vendetta DVD. The 132 minute film will be available on August 1, 2006. Believe it or not, I have yet to see the film.

Ryan Alessi on Ben Chandler and Fletcher. Without a doubt, Ben Chandler will either be the next governor or he'll be the next Senator from the Commonwealth.

No comments: