Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Primary 2006

Just got back from the primary election victory party. It was nice seeing old friends again and meeting some new faces.

I would like to take the time to offer my congratulations to John Yarmuth, who advances to the general election in the fall. I'll do what I can for John - when I can. With 98% reporting, John is leading Col. Andrew Horne 54%-32%. While I did not like how Col. Horne went negative with his ads against John, I do thank him for his service to our country. Perhaps he will try again for something in two years but for a different position. To Jimmy Moore, well-done. Perhaps, he'll be running for something in two years (Council?)

And to Russ Salsman, I offer my best wishes in future endeavors. I had the chance to meet Russ back in December after seeing a comment he made on the blog. He's a nice guy and I hope to vote for him again. David Nicholson is the nominee for the Jefferson County Circuit Court Clerk position. Even though I did not like the stunt he pulled over the weekend, he'll have my support in the fall.

Jennifer Moore is to be commended for her job with the PVA's race in getting all those names on the ballot. I commend Aaron Tasman on his showing in the primary (I voted for him). However, I offer my congratulations to Tony Lindauer for PVA (As I told Tony, I'll never get that jingle out of my head).

In other Kentucky political news, Tom Barlow wins the first district nomination. If you remember, I endorsed Eric Streit in that race. Mike Weaver cruises on to the general in KY-2. Kenneth Stepp wins KY-5.

In the days to come, I'll be sending out emails to our congressional nominees for blogterviews as I call them. I'm still waiting on the answers from John Yarmuth but I know he's been campaigning and I expect to post them soon).

Aside from the CBS schedule, I'm taking the much needed off day tomorrow and will be back on Thursday (I'm off of work that day...and Friday).

No comments: