Wednesday, May 31, 2006

You Won't Like me when I'm angry...

No matter how many times I read this article, my opinion stays the same: I'm not welcome in this state by the right-wing religious conservatives. I'm sick and bloody tired of being accused of taking G-d out of the public arena. It's not like that and it never has been so stop it right there. The right wing takes things way out of context. The way I see it, it's their way or the high way. Well, you won't get me without a fight. No way.

I don't mean to offend any of my readers that are not Jewish but the way I was taught growing up, there's the common era (CE) and before the common era (BCE).

Of all the people that showed up to the state meeting, the paper only quoted one person of the Judaic religion.
The exception were those of Lexington resident Danny Chejec, a U.S. citizen who was born and raised in Argentina and is Jewish. He said he was moved to speak after hearing comments that he felt were insensitive.

"I am the enemy you are talking about," he said, adding that changing the board's decision would send the message that "anybody who is not a Christian is not welcome in this state."

His comments were met with laughter from some in the audience. One woman shouted, "Go home!" Asked later outside the hearing if the comments had offended him as a Jew, he responded, "No. They offend me as an American."
The second paragraph says it all right there--people like me are no longer welcome in this state for purely religious reasons. You know, my ancestors came to this country to live a better life and to live in freedom and practice our religion without the fear of persecution. It pains me. It truly does that there are some Americans who want us out. Those people make me sick.

Do the comments of the lady that shouted "go home" make me angry? Yes, they make me angry as both a Jew and an American.

If Stan Lee were to write a comic on the problems of today, I can only imagine what he would say...

In the meantime, instead of taking my anger out on you, the innocent folks, I will use it to write this screenplay or graphic novel...I have yet to decide the medium but if I write a graphic novel, I will have someone else to do the art and would make it adaptable for a movie screenplay.

That's my story and by G-d, I'm sticking to it.

No comments: