Thursday, December 29, 2005

I'm still here...

I hate re-using titles from months ago so I am suffering from title-block.

Not that I even watch Mad TV despite the fact that I have seen Frank Caeti in person and I've heard that Keegan Michael-Key does a better Cosby than Bill Cosby himself, but it looks as if Fox wants to be a serious player in late night television. They just hired Todd Yasui as their new late-night boss. He was with the Late Late Show on CBS. In terms of late night for me, it's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart followed by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno or The Late Show with David Letterman depending on who is being interviewed and that's all followed by Late Night with Conan O'Brien. Saturday night is blocked off for Saturday Night Live.
One show that already seems to have an inside track on the slot would be a pilot called Talk Show With Spike Feresten, which is under consideration as a late-night property, according to trade reports.

Feresten, who has had little experience in front of the camera, is an established comedy writer, having written for everything from The Simpsons to David Letterman's Late Show and Seinfeld. He is even credited with writing the beloved Soup Nazi episode of the classic sitcom.
Conan O'Brien was a writer before he was a performer. He wrote for Saturday Night Live.

Mr. Pibb and Red Vines equals crazy delicious. I wouldn't know for sure but I just linked to an article dealing with SNL's Andy Samberg, a featured player this season. His quote deals with what his mother thought.
"She’s like, "So is it actually about weed?...It makes you think it’s going to be about weed, but then it's actually just about ‘Narnia.’"
There are two more days left in the year and I am surprised that no other blogs picked up on the fact that David Hale is running for Congress.

No comments: