Tuesday, December 13, 2005

There's a war?

I thought the only war going on was over in the Middle-East. Apparently, I was wrong. I've tried my best not to get involved with this whole debate because I do have Christian relatives. Well, that and the fact that, unlike Bill O'Reilly, I've been raised with the idea of treating others like I want to be treated. It's the Golden rule and I don't like that I have to take away study time to deal with this. However, when I read articles like the one in blockqote there. It pisses me off. In elementary and maybe even in Middle school, we always had a day in one of my classes where my Mom came in to light the Chanukiah and we had gelt for everyone. It's bad that this has escalated. With all due respect, it's the fault of Fox News Channel's conservatism especially that of Bill O'Reilly. If he were Jewish, maybe he wouldn't be acting like this. I don't watch his show but it would be interesting if he acknowledges Chanukah. I don't watch so I don't know.
You think I've been kidding when I say that "liberal media" comes straight out of the old far-right "Jew media" and "Jew York Times" stuff? "Liberal" and "Jew" used to be interchangable words for the Right. They have always been able to talk about the ACLU to get votes in the South, but here you see what they have meant.
urt Prelutsky writes about "The Jewish Grinch who Stole Xmas." We did not steal it and I don't speak for other Jews but for myself. I just ask for a little acknowledgement during this time of year. Play some Adam Sandler. Play some Blue Fringe on the radio. Just play something so I don't have to watch DVD's and listen to CD's when I'm not at the movies or visiting with family. Ironically, Chanukah, of all days, starts on December 25th this year (at sundown) as that is when the 24th day of Kislev is.
I never thought I’d live to see the day that Christmas would become a dirty word. You think it hasn’t? Then why is it that people are being prevented from saying it in polite society for fear that it will offend?

... How is it, one well might ask, that in a Christian nation this is happening?

... Although it seems a long time ago, it really wasn’t, that people who came here from other places made every attempt to fit in.

... When it comes to pushing the multicultural, anti-Christian, agenda, you find Jewish judges, Jewish journalists, and the ACLU, at the forefront.

... But the dirty little secret in America is that anti-Semitism is no longer a problem in society; it’s been replaced by a rampant anti-Christianity. For example, the hatred spewed towards George W. Bush has far less to do with his policies than it does with his religion. The Jews voice no concern when a Bill Clinton or a John Kerry makes a big production out of showing up at black Baptist churches or posing with Rev. Jesse Jackson because they understand that’s just politics. They only object to politicians attending church for religious reasons.

... It is the ACLU, which is overwhelmingly Jewish in terms of membership and funding, that is leading the attack against Christianity in America. It is they who have conned far too many people into believing that the phrase "separation of church and state" actually exists somewhere in the Constitution.

... I happen to despise bullies and bigots. I hate them when they represent the majority, but no less when, like Jews in America, they represent an infinitesimal minority.

I am getting the idea that too many Jews won’t be happy until they pull off their own version of the Spanish Inquisition, forcing Christians to either deny their faith and convert to agnosticism or suffer the consequences.
That article was written by a fellow Jew. I'm surprised that a Jewish person would say that. I'm always politically correct but even if "separation of church and state" does not appear, it is assumed because of the First Amendment where it says Congress shall not make an official religion. That's why the Pilgrims came in the Mayflower. They were persecuted in England for their beliefs. Had it not been for Roger Williams, Jews wouldn't be in America. I've been meaning to go to Newport, RI for the longest time to visit the Touro synagogue, a national historic site.

Look here. It's pathetic. I don't like being accused of being a bigot because I'm Jewish. Some of my good friends are Christian. I don't mean to offend anyone and I apologize if I have. It's just that Jews are a minority in this country whether we control the department stores, the banks, or not.

No comments: