Thursday, March 10, 2005

A way too early update...

Who in the heck calls at 7:55 in the morning? They woke me up and now I can't go back to sleep? The good thing is: I won't miss the rerun of last night's Daily Show with Jon Stewart. The bad news: my brother is already giving me migraines.

27 emails to go through...many will make their way to this post.

Ashlee Simpson is in Louisville tonight but the better news is Lewis Black is here on Saturday. The sad news: I can't see Lewis on Saturday.

Tom DeLay and other Republican House members went on an expense paid trip to South Korea in 2001 from a known foreign agent which is in violation of House rules. Can someone saw ethics problems? Get them out of power now!

Look through the archives in November or December, or maybe even January to find out why I am against posting up the Ten Commandments on government property.

They say that great minds think alike...except if I ever were to go on the Fox News Channel, I would pull a Jon Stewart. Here's what Dan Gerstein, a former aide to Senator Joseph Lieberman, had to say as to why there are no references to events in the Middle East on any left-leaning websites: "Pure, blinding hatred of Bush. The highest traditions of our party have always been freedom, democracy and justice. Yet we've gotten to the point where some of us hate Bush so much that we can't celebrate good news." I agree. Bush makes it so hard that I don't know if he's a pretender anymore. Along with Gerstein, I was also saddened to watch Soderberg hope democracy fails in the middle east. Don't get me wrong, I was never for this war but Hussein had to go but it needed to be diplomatically.
He cited a cable TV appearance last week by ex-Clinton aide Nancy Soderberg. Chatting with Stewart on The Daily Show, Soderberg said that, "as an American," she was heartened by the Middle East events - but that, "as a Democrat, you don't want anything nice to happen to the Republicans, you don't want them to have progress." She quipped, "There's always hope that this [democratization] might not work."

Gerstein said yesterday: "I was embarrassed, as a Democrat, to watch that. It's bad enough to hope that the President fails, but to say that on national TV?"
From the same article:
It's not often that Bush-bashing TV host Jon Stewart will quip, as he did the other night, "My kid's going to go to a high school named after him." Or that Democrat-friendly columnist Joe Klein will contend in Time magazine that Bush's critics were "embarrassingly, scandalously, blessedly wrong." Or that, in London, the left-leaning Independent newspaper will run a banner headline that asks, "Was Bush right after all?"
Whoa, this is a shock! Tennessee Senator Bill Frist waited til he was 36 to vote. Uh, what took you so long?

Fatherhood initiative survives Senate panel.
A Senate committee approved a provision to teach absent fathers how to reconnect with their children Wednesday, earning praise from Sen. Evan Bayh, D-Ind., who has championed the federal government’s involvement in fatherhood since he entered Congress eight years ago.
This is a good thing. Definitely, a great thing. This idea is one of many of which Senator Bayh champions.

The Democratic campaign shifts to...Indy? Ah, Indiana...the only place where a Democrat survived in a red state last year.

Ken Griffey, Jr. makes his spring training debut today. Here's to an injury-free season!

Here's looking at you, kid.
Ashlee, 20, told the crowd, "I've had a tough year. But, I've learned a lot of lessons and the most important is that I don't have to be perfect."

"Here I am, as perfect as I'm ever gonna be, you'll see, love me for me."
Lesson, you say? What know you of lesson? Stick to acting and quit music while you're still below.

Welcome to online journalism, Associated Press!
(1) Why did AP choose to report only the 'blame Israel for world terror' opinion from this session at the conference? and (2) Why did the reporter supplement Erakat's quote with what appears to be personal opinion on the 'legitimate dreams' of Palestinians?
Yeah, why does the Associated Press always have to take the blame Israel bias? Why is it never "Blame Canada?"

Getting caught up on entertainment right now!

No comments: