Thursday, November 17, 2005

Some Updates....

The party fundraiser has been moved from the Galt House to the Cascade Ballroom at Kentucky International Convention Center. I guess they are expecting a larger crowd than expected.

Mike Weaver has a new website up for his campaign.

I live in KY-3 so this may be the best site for KY-3 updates. State Senator Gerald Neal is out as was reported this morning in The Courier-Journal.
Brown, a former Kentucky secretary of state and now an executive with a Louisville health-care company, said in an e-mail to The Courier-Journal that "I would like to re-enter public service in the future, but this is simply the wrong race at the wrong time for me."[...]

State Sen. Gerald Neal, D-Louisville, said he has been approached about running against Northup. He said in an interview that he won't.
Looks like the list keeps growing for potential candidates (see the sidebar). The newest name I have heard is Councilman Jim King (10th District).

Jeff brings up in the comments on a previous entry of Jack Conway for Mayor and Jerry Abramson for Congress. How do you all feel about that?

In other news, happy birthday to actress Rachel McAdams who is 27 (I thought she was younger!) today.

Mr. President, have you even looked at the polls? We, Democrats, have all rights to be critical of your war. Don't denounce us because no one is in favor of your policies.
Pressed to elaborate, Bush said: "I expect there to be criticism. But when Democrats say that I deliberately misled the Congress and the people, that's irresponsible." Bush seemed personally irritated. He said it is "patriotic as heck to disagree with the president. It doesn't bother me. What bothers me is when people are irresponsibly using their positions and playing politics. That's exactly what is taking place in America."
Nice to know that we agree that it is patriotic to disagree with you. I will remain critical of the war as usual.

That's all I have for now.

No comments: