Friday, February 10, 2006

An Open Letter to Sir Paul McCartney

This is an open letter that I have posted at the Paul McCartney message board on his official website and at BlogCritics.

Dear Sir Paul McCartney,
Many of us watched in disgust as you were shut out at the Grammy's this past Wednesday.

As a 21 year-old Beatles fan who became a fan when the Anthology was aired due to misleading commercials, I have hope that you release another album in the next year or two. I loved Chaos and Creation in the Backyard and I have listened to it several times now and have watched the DVD a few times as I own the special edition.

I would like to see another critically acclaimed album released. I don't know how the Grammy voters could pass you up. I'm still confused as to how Kelly Clarkson won for Breakaway. I've listened to some of her songs and Chaos and Creation in the Backyard blows it away by a mile or two.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I hope the next album is more of a rocker like songs like "Band on the Run" and "Helter Skelter." I've always liked the rock songs that you all have written. Maybe do a concept album like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band? I want to see you win an album of the year sometime in our lifetimes.

Oh, and can you please release an album full of B-sides and rarities? That would please a lot of us fans.

Sincerely,
Daniel S.

No comments: